Following his take over of the office, president Williams Ruto highlighted key areas that his government will prioritize.
Inflation, soaring fuel prices, and NHIF are among the areas the president focuses on to make some changes.
Ruto also takes over the office amidst political division in the country as a result of the recent election dispute.
Below are 13 key areas Ruto’s government aims to prioritize.
- Ruto takes over the office amid economic uncertainties in the country and a deadly drought that is affecting the lives of money.
- End of fuel, Unga subsidies
- Six rejected judges, funding for Judiciary
- Graduated NHIF payments
- Financial autonomy of the police
- Slashed fertiliser prices
- Provincial administration to keep off politics
- End blacklisting by CRBs
- Review CBK guidelines on Sh1m transactions
- ‘Hustler’ Fund for MSMEs
- Low-cost housing
- Clearing cargo reverts to Mombasa
- Prioritise pending bills
- Review CBC